While many babies develop a routine of their own accord and will sleep through the night
automatically, the majority will need a little training. Establishing the right sleep
routine from an early age is vital if you want to avoid long-term sleep problems. But
no matter what age your baby, there's always something you can do to improve their sleeping
The following is a list of questions to use as a guide when determining if the child may be experiencing
IS YOUR BABY:
- Experiencing difficulty getting off to sleep?
- Reliant on an outside influence to obtain sleep? (Nursing, dummy, breast or bottle)
- Being fed every two hours
- Unsettled and sleeping for less than an hour?
- Irritable and restless towards late afternoons?
- Teething or has the surroundings changed causing him/her to be unsettled?
- Sleeping less than eight hours at night (over 3 months of age)
IS YOUR TODDLER:
- Constantly waking at night?
- Arguing when its time for bed?
- Sleeping in your bed regularly or constantly getting out of bed?